Team,

I was speaking not long ago with an Information Officer for an
organization in the Midwest (US) with supports about 30,000 Windows
desktops. I poised the question, have you or would you ever consider
deploying a linux desktop? She smiled and responded by saying the only
Information Officer she was aware of to attempt this is now seeking
employment.

Why is this?

1. The status quo is hard to change. Argue in what ever manner you
please but Microsoft is serving millions of customers.

2. Computing is serious business. Canonical, for example, lives or dies
by its ability to manage data and I am sure everyone who works for
Canonical takes computing seriously.

I do not know the intended message for the new branding of Ubuntu. To me
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Long Term Support) said "I am serious and ready to do
business".

IMHO you can not follow that statement with bug #1 and I am embarrassed
by the message.

Regrettably, I am at a lost as to how to add value (excellence) and must
take leave of Ubuntu.

Good luck and best wishes to all,

John