On 2/20/07, Aaron Toponce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you use aptitude instead of apt-get, then, if you don't like
> gobby, or decide that you won't be using it that often, then you can
> remove it, and aptitude will remove any orphaned dependencies as
> well, thus keeping your kubuntu install clean without gnome libraries.
>
> sudo aptitude install gobby
> sude aptitude remove gobby
>
> Aptitude won't remove any orphaned dependencies, if it was installed
> with apt-get, synaptic, or any other means other than aptitude.
> But, if installed with aptitude, it will.
>
> So, really, installing gobby shouldn't be all bad for kubuntu users.

As I mentioned above I myself have no problems to install gobby (I
already did), but I heard from others that they don't like it.

If someone only wants to submit one article and is not regularly
involved in creating or translating the uwn, well isn't it a bit
intricate that one has to install a program only to submit once?
And if people would like to commit / translate the uwn regularly
there's no sence in uninstalling, anyway.

But, if you want to stick with gobby, at least there should be an
additional possibility to submit articles, e.g. via email, and also a
site where a copy of the actual version in gobby is accessible in
order that translators can start translating early and for people who
don't have access due to port restrictions.

Regards,

Mirjam