On 2/20/07, Julius Bloch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 20.02.2007, 16:09 +0100 schrieb Mirjam Wäckerlin:
> > What do you think about it? Are there more advantages than the
> > problems I listed and would you like to keep gobby? And if yes, do you
> > have proposals to eliminate those problems?
>
> There are several adavantages for gobby
>
>  * You don't need a special syntax, like the moinmoin syntax in the wiki
>  * More then one person a time can change the content
>  * You don't need an account

I don't deny the advantages of gobby (see above), but most of the
people contributing already have an account on the wiki. If they want
to do any other thing in addition to contributing to UWN they will
learn the basics of wiki syntax, anyway. The rest of UWN is in the
wiki, so it's only consequent to edit the UWN on the wiki. The wiki
also gives a warning when someone else is already editing the page, so
you would only have to wait some minutes untill you can edit it.

If we stick with gobby, at least consider the propositions from my
last mail, and in addition to this, leave more information on the
concerned UWN page instead of just writing "moved to gobby" (the page
"editing policies" is rather well hidden - see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue30 where a user is
asking for server and port for gobby).

Regards,

Mirjam