On 8/1/07, Mike Feravolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good Day All:
>
> Yesterday, I meet with the advertising staff of the local ABC TV station
> in Orlando Florida. They put on a nice 60 minute presentation on using
> television effectively to promote business and their rate card for a 12
> month campaign for peak hours.
>
> One of the things that surprised me was "peak" was during the 6 o'clock
> news hour for local television, not the "prime hours" of 8-11.
>
> Anyway if Canonical was interested in using television to promote Ubuntu
> in the Orlando television market I would be glad to pass along the name
> my contact at Channel 9 in Orlando.
>
> In addition to the 2 or 3 million people that live in the area. We are
> the largest tourist destination in America and have a large number of
> people from the northeast, the mid-west and Canada that spread winters
> here. Along with people from the south that visit our beach's in the
> summer.
>
> For a mid-five figure number in US Dollars you could reach all of them
> 540 times over the course of a year during peak time.

I seriously doubt Canonical is going to do any sort of advertising on
TV any time soon. The only Ubuntu ads I have seen were in Silicon
Valley, opposite the Oracle HQ.

In general marketing terms, advertising is a dying art. People are
increasingly tuning out ads and thus the "return" on them is dropping
off, sometimes quite precipitiously.

Corey