I have just used a gos live cd and think I have seen the future of
computing for basic users! I am not surprised that the walmart stock
quickly sold out. Based on ubuntu, the simplicity of a broadband
(wired) connection, a modern but low end machine, and google based
applications, it is attractive, functional and simple. It will attract
a mass market of non technical ordinary users who know they will be
happy with the basics.

Ubuntu is well concealed so the users will seek support - if they find
they need it - from the gos  help list. However, it will be useful to
encourage anyone who is willing to help, to drop into the gos help
(list?) to encourage the widening use of (ubuntu based) linux.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391