On 29/05/08 02:40, John Vilsack wrote:
> How do you feel about putting about proposing this to the Community
> Council?  Is leadership what this group needs above all else?

I agree that this needs to happen, but until we have figured out how
we're going to do what we're talking about and how we plan to manage it,
it might be a little premature.

Allow me to make a proposal that works towards your suggestion.

I'm in UTC+8, if all here who wish to participate could note their local
time-zone, then we could all meet on IRC and have a discussion about this.

I'm not sure if we'd need to book ubuntu-meeting, but I'm sure we can if
that is required. I note that the normal meeting time is the fourth
Tuesday of the month, but I think that we may need to at least initially
increase the frequency and consistency of that meeting.

I propose that we discuss some or all of the following:

    * role of ubuntu-marketing within Ubuntu
    * interaction between ubuntu-marketing and Canonical
    * aims for ubuntu-marketing
    * plan on how to achieve the aims
    * documentation
    * team leader

I agree with comments made that in a group such as ours a consensus
leader is required. Until such time, I am happy to chair that initial
IRC meeting with the understanding that I am not equating that interim
step with becoming the team leader.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]