Sounds the best way to act to me. But still I would put "defining our
relationship with Canonical's marketing department" at the first place. Since
that's the point of the long discution we just had : everything that will be
done here is depending on this relationship. So I'll change your question
in "How to sort this issue out ?"

Jonathan