Still new here and about to understand how things work.

As for the agenda:

Having worked with different teams, I have made the experience that it
takes a lot of time to define a mission statement with which everybody
can identify, that is I think that one meeting of maybe one or two hours
involving a lot of people is not enough to work out a mission statement,
the way we work with Canonical, improve the internal communication AND
ways to improve the team wiki. When I coach teams in defining their
mission statement, values, strategies etc, this takes generaly several
days, and this is done only involing a small team.

So my proposition is to cut down drastically the agenda to
- get to know who is doing what today
- elect a "mars team" that is supposed to work out a proposal for
     . mission statement
     . team structure
     . next steps (eventually, depending on the time that is left)

I'm just afraid, that if our agenda will be too ambitious, we will all
end up frustrated because we won't have time to discuss all that.

Simon