John V.,

I am not sure that a new team within this team is the solution. I am
concerned that this solution will only compound the problems, not fix
them. I could be wrong, but I will need to be convinced :-)

There are other options that need to be discussed, and which I wanted to
discuss somewhere other than this list, given the comments by a number
of people who are really not interested in discussing this. That is why
I contacted the people I knew were interested in taking a leadership
role, to discuss how best to proceed with this discussion without
offending half the list in the process.

I started with those people who had expressed an explicit interest in
doing something constructive, plus some people that Jord recommended.
Five in all to start with. Three, including myself, responded.

And I got "chastized" for that because people saw some sinister motive
in my intentions. I still think a few heads are better than one and I
still would like to have that "committee" meet and discuss things
separate from this list.

By doing it as a small group, we would have the benefit of several
perspectives on the issues and perhaps come up with a solution that
pleases more people than anything any one of us alone could come up
with. Also, a small group is one step closer to a consensus than one
person's ideas.

I am still willing to do this, if the people who were originally
invited to be part of the committee are willing. And, if you wnat to
recommend someone to add to the list. feel free. That was going to be
the first order of business after we work out the communication
logistics.

To those people I originally contacted, the courtesy of a reply, even
to tell me you are not interested, would be appreciated.

- --
Peace!

John