On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:12:01 -0500
"John Vilsack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John B.,
>
> I can appreciate your concerns.  However the messages from the past
> 24 hours have all had a good point:  If the idea is good, and the
> initiative is a good one, then it will flourish.  If people do not
> embrace it, then it wasn't meant to be.
>
> I do not think for a second that it will hurt to try, and we can only
> learn from the experience.
>
> I do not think there is anything sinister in trying to organize
> things, but I think having a seperate planning group exposes it more
> publicly and thusly allows for more people to contribute.  You never
> know who is listening that is interested in hearing what we have to
> say.
>
> I think as a collective group those that will come to be a part of the
> core-marketing group would welcome what you have to say about your
> project ideas.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:34 PM, John Botscharow
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > John V.,
> >
> > I am not sure that a new team within this team is the solution. I am
> > concerned that this solution will only compound the problems, not
> > fix them. I could be wrong, but I will need to be convinced :-)
> >
> > There are other options that need to be discussed, and which I
> > wanted to discuss somewhere other than this list, given the
> > comments by a number of people who are really not interested in
> > discussing this. That is why I contacted the people I knew were
> > interested in taking a leadership role, to discuss how best to
> > proceed with this discussion without offending half the list in the
> > process.
> >
> > I started with those people who had expressed an explicit interest
> > in doing something constructive, plus some people that Jord
> > recommended. Five in all to start with. Three, including myself,
> > responded.
> >
> > And I got "chastized" for that because people saw some sinister
> > motive in my intentions. I still think a few heads are better than
> > one and I still would like to have that "committee" meet and
> > discuss things separate from this list.
> >
> > By doing it as a small group, we would have the benefit of several
> > perspectives on the issues and perhaps come up with a solution that
> > pleases more people than anything any one of us alone could come up
> > with. Also, a small group is one step closer to a consensus than one
> > person's ideas.
> >
> > I am still willing to do this, if the people who were originally
> > invited to be part of the committee are willing. And, if you wnat to
> > recommend someone to add to the list. feel free. That was going to
> > be the first order of business after we work out the communication
> > logistics.
> >
> > To those people I originally contacted, the courtesy of a reply,
> > even to tell me you are not interested, would be appreciated.
> >
> > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:59:06 -0500
> [...]

I'm not really following your logic here, but that's okay. No need to
elaborate. You obviously want to do this differently. I am going to at
least somewhat defer to the requests to try and keep the noise down
about all this strategy and structure stuff. I'll chime in when I have
a formal proposal ready. I think we've bored people enough for one
lifetime :-)

- --
Peace!

John