Yellow Stevens wrote:
> Hi Guys, I am new to this list. I have been using Ubuntu since
> about February 2008. I am a non technical user, and I consider
> Ubuntu the best computer product since the Vic 20. I can't
> programme, I cannot write documentation, but my day job is to
> convince people to believe something they don't currently believe
> and to recruit people into membership for the organisation I work
> for (it's a lot less sinister than, I realise, that just sounded!)
> I'm based in the UK. Given my background the marketing team seemed
> the most obvious choice for involvement. So I joined a couple of
> days ago. Can someone please update me as to where this team is
> currently headed, what projects and campaigns are currently
> underway and areas where I can help. Just a brief rundown would be
> really helpful, Yours Yellow (it's just a nickname by the way, I do
> have a name really!)

Welcome!
The list has sometimes been frantic and is in a quiet and slightly
placid phase at present.

Not long ago there was much agonising about what a marketing list
should actually do, given that it is global and does not have roots in
a local patch. Quite a lot of people seemed to get frustrated and it
has gone quiet. All or nothing I guess.

I have always appreciated it as a central overview, close to a
touchstone of strategy - creations and comparisons etc.
I am also based in UK
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391