On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Stefan Erler <stefan_erler2...@web.de>wrote:

>  Hi there and happy new year to all.
>
> I totally agree with Shahriar on the below. In case we set up a "I am
> Ubuntu" capaign, only users which already know Ubuntu knows
> what the video is about. I think the video should also target users never
> heard about Ubuntu. Therefore the vid should show what Ubuntu is.
> The way Shahriar suggested below could be a good way to show people what
> Ubuntu is and what a user can do with Ubuntu.
> A vid capaign should wake up the interests of new users and in my opinion
> the best way to do that, is not only to say a name, it also should
> give more information on the "what is Ubuntu".
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Yes that is the point I wanted to express...

Because I am also working in our locality to create awareness about FOSS &
Linux Operating system and then establish demand.

One question that I frequently have to answer "Can I do this & this in
Linux?" or "I am an professional _ _ _ _, can I do _ _ _ _ in Ubuntu Linux?"

That is what we need here is that showing people what they can do (if
possible what they can do better) in Ubuntu Linux (or any Linux distro in
that manner).

Testimonials from different professionals (or at least enthusiasts) that
they are using Ubuntu for their diversified professional (quality) projects.

I don't want to discourage anyone from doing any campaign.. just urging you
to rethink the campaigns effectiveness...

We need to approach in a way

a) What is Ubuntu
b) What we can do with Ubuntu

If we can show people what we can do with Ubuntu my opinion is that they
will be motivated to learn themselves about what is Ubuntu.

I beg pardon that I can not express my thoughts in few words. Its a problem
I need to fix :P (may be my subject has something to do with this huh??
Selling my words? :P)

--
Thanking you
Shahriar