On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 19:59 -0500, Martin Owens wrote:

> It's interesting that we don't play on our strengths of pointing this
> out, getting people to go "Oh hey there is something else, oh it can be
> installed on any PC, even Apple PCs, oh it's free and I get to OWN it,
> control it, give it to my friends and even get involved with real people
> who make it, not just marketing departments.

> But what I see a lot of here is tail chasing... lets copy them because
> they've spent money on those adverts.

All the talk about doing something similar to the "I'm a Mac/PC" ads
sadden me to no end. That's the way to go if you want to send a message
of: we are also-rans, clones that are dependent on the big ones showing
us what to emulate, as we have no ideas of our own and if we have an
identity at all, it's one that is solely defined in relation to Windows
and OS X.

Martin's mail is a bright spark, in contrast.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/