Notes from the meeting:

= Spec status =

== mobile-app-framework ==

Adilson and Tollef have worked on bringing in more fixes, mostly
packaging related.  There are a bunch of 32-bit-isms in the code, so
we recommend using a 32 bit chroot for now.  We are going to start
bringing in the startup scripts to see how to start X and hildon on
the device itself.

== mobile-image-creation ==

The implementation here is coming along quite nicely, but we need to
work out how to build the package, as this currently requires root
access and all the Ubuntu builds are done as non-root users.

The other problem is how to handle the initramfs creation.

== mobile-kernel ==

Poulsbo patches and the first UME configuration is going into the next
kernel upload.  Amit Kucheria is taking over as Canonical's kernel
person on the mobile project.  Any kernel patches (such as the updated
graphics DRM/DRI modules) should go to the kernel team, even if they
are part of other specifications.

== mobile-ui ==

Control panel is not there yet, but the UI as such is moving in the
right direction, and a «big-icon» UI is already working.  The bits
which are just configuration changes should be split out into its own
package rather than changing the default configuration in the
packages.

Bob Spencer is to push the newer code to launchpad.

== mobile-window-manager ==

The spec is now approved and source code has been imported, but it's
not been uploaded yet.  Tollef to upload.

== mobile-graphics ==

Bryce to review the spec and give comments on it.  Implementation is
coming along with an alpha-quality 2D driver which Charlie is to
provide Bryce with for integration into the regular builds.

== mobile-browser ==

Spec is in review.  Bob is working with Alexander Sack on getting an
initial branch set up and get new chrome and theme going.

== mobile-utilities ==

Coming along well; spec needs to be approved.  If new control panel
applets show up that we need, they should either be included in the
spec or get new specs (depending on their size).

== mobile-usb-client ==

Discussion on the list about this; needs a fair bit of updating for it
to be approved.  Implementation status somewhat unknown.

== mobile-mediaplayer ==

Spec not started, but Bob to have it written up by next meeting.
Implementation is coming along and it's able to play music now.

== mobile-build-infrastructure ==

No progress; Tollef to follow up on some internal issues.

== mobile-hw-decode ==

Spec approved; can already decode MPEG2 and moving on to VC1 and
h264.  Eventually going to do H264 encoding as well.  Would be nice to
have gstreamer support too, but Helix is what we are targetting so far.

== mobile-gnome-components ==

Tollef got the spec and is to check which components are actually in,
and which need to be brought in to be «GMAE compliant».

== mobile-overview informational ==

Adilson and Tollef to clean up
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded

== mobile-development-environment ==

We need an ubuntu-mobile-dev package.  Spec needs review and approval,
which Tollef is to provide.   This will not cover drivers, it will be
an SDK kind of package used for developers who want to write
applications for the platform.  It should include some documentation
or pointers to documentation for vendors, etc, who want to write
drivers and other addons.

== mobile-maemo-packaging-cleanup ==

Progressing well, packages are becoming quite a lot better already.

== power-management-in-ubuntu, mobile-power-thermal-optimzations ==

Those two go hand in hand.  Amit and Intel engineers (Todd, maybe
more?) to write up the spec and decide what should go in there.

= Plans for next week =

We might have a location-related spec (think GPS-es) next week,
depending on the team.

We want to make daily (or nightly) builds of ubuntu mobile happen
now.

= Sprint plans =

 * Make sure to take a good, long look at the whole stack and see if
   there is anything we have missed.

 * Intel to bring menlow hardware for testing.

--
Tollef Fog Heen