From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Naveen Verma
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:28 PM
To: Amit Karpe
Cc: Ubuntu India Local Community; ubuntu-mobile@lists.ubuntu.com;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Moblin Dev] Google's Open Source Mobile Platform

Hi,

Yes, this is interesting, somehow I feel that distribution may be like
we
have with different version of linux, Fedora, Ubuntu, Suze etc.

-Be
Naveen

On Nov 6, 2007 10:09 PM, Amit Karpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>          Google's Open Source Mobile Platform :
> As expected, today  Google took the wraps off of the gPhone (as the
> media have for months been referring to the rumored project). Google
> is "leading a broad industry alliance to transform mobile phones into
> powerful mobile computers," and will be licensing its software to all
> comers on an open source basis under the Apache license. (The Wall
> Street Journal's Ben Worthen demonstrates a miserable grasp of what
> "open source" means.) Google's US partners include Nextel and Sprint,
> but not AT&T nor Verizon. Phones will be available in the second half
> of 2008 - not the spring as earlier reports had speculated. News.com's
> analysis warns that Google won't take over the mobile market
> overnight, though they quote Forrester in the opinion that Google may
> be one of the three biggest mobile players after several years of
> shakeout.
>
> >From : http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/11/06/0223211.shtml
>
> Also for more info
> http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/press_releases.html
> http://www.openhandsetalliance.com/press_110507.html
> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/wheres-my-gphone.html
> http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/search/label/Google%20Phone

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/09/10-questions-about-google-phone
.html
> http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/05/139210&from=rss

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139293-c,pdacellphonehybrids/article.h
tml

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=e2c539e8-524a-
418f-aee2-22578a0f6b65&&Headline=Bharti+to+partner+Google+Phone