I have a feeling that Android will be available for arm and x86 and
that programmers will only have access to the SDK. It would make sense
if it's java as google already has apps running on java.
I'm no java expert but similar projects i've seen running like this
have been fairly memory intensive. Pepper's desktop, for example. A
very similar project to Google's but with no SDK!! Maybe that's why
they're in trouble.

Anyone know what browser core will be used? Mozilla?

Maybe this isn't the right place to discuss Android but i'm sure there
are going to be connections between the projects. Maybe the Moblin
guys are already building the x86 version of the core for Intel
hardware.

Steve.
UMPCportal

We'll see next week when the SDK is released

On Nov 10, 2007 9:22 AM, Kwon, Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is Android just a middleware and Google application set? If then could we
> port Android to moblin stack and run simultaneously with native Linux
> application? Or run Android in separate virtual console?
>
> Thanks,
> Owen
>
> Owen Kwon (Ohkeun Kwon)
> Technical Marketing Engineer
> +82 2 767 2428 (Office)
> +82 10 9034 4820 (Mobile)

Steve Paine
Carrypad - Promoting UMPCs through UMPCportal.com
Bonn, Germany.