Nice screen shot.

Assuming you have a fairly recent drop of UME, new applications (like
your GPS app) should:
        1) install a .desktop file into /usr/share/applications
        2) install an icon into /usr/share/icons/hicolor/<size>/<type>
                (e.g. /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/mygps.png)

If #1 is done correctly, the app should show up in the UI.
If #1 and #2 are done, it will also have the right icon :)

Hope that helps for what you're trying to do.  As for playing MP3's
(from your blog), what errors are you facing?  The songs needs to go
into ~/media/audio.  MP3's should work fine.  Are they showing up in the
UI and not playing, or not showing up at all?

Bob

Dustin Spicuzza wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So I can't figure out how to add new applets or remove old applets
> from the hildon-desktop display. While it looks very nice (see

http://www.virtualroadside.com/blog/index.php/2008/04/05/ubuntu-mobile-s
creenshot-on-my-carputer/