hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 09.10.2008, 18:44 -0400 schrieb Jason Pimble:
> Is there a place in the wiki, or some other online location, that quirks
> like this could be documented on a per-device basis?  It would be nice to
> have something that describes what features work (touchscreen, wifi,
> audio, etc) on different devices (and device versions), and also be able
> to give tips on what changes can be made to suit the install for the
> particular devices (button mappings, turning on the hide buttons for the
> left panel to get the full screen width back, hitting F11 to toggle full
> screen apps, etc).  I would be happy to maintain it for the Q1U-EL, and
> any other devices I can get my hands on.

We have a howto section in the mobile team area for this, feel free to
add a keymapping section:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileTeam/Mobile/HowTo/

i would recommend to just create a new .fdi file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy
for this though. if you make direct changes to the shipped fdi file
which is owned by the hal-info package these changes will be overwritten
by a package upgrade. Files in  /etc/hal/fdi/policy are supposed to be
used by the system admin to override package shipped defaults and wont
be touched by any package upgrades.

ciao
        oli