hello everybody.

I just downloaded from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-umpc/intrepid/current/ and installed on my
device. I'm coming from Gentoo so I have some questions:

1) the front and rear cameras are not included in the desktop options: I
googled around and realized that are still not supported (no
drivers)..right?? (sorry but did'nt find any camera in dmesg so I do not know
the chipset)

2) when I plug a usb key in, the system ask for dowload media contents with no
othe options..what if I wanted to play media contents directly from my usb
key(s)?

2a) tried to find a media player, but none installed by default. Am I wrong?

3) I tried to call synaptics from console (other easier paths?) and install
KDE but there are "not found" packages..how to bypass this problem?
Packages seem to be downloaded from local..how to verify and let synaptics
download from remote repositories?

3a) is it possible to install there a complete desktop env. such as KDE, to
run when needed?

4) when I try to play video, I see just a black background, nothing starts.

many questions, but hope they will help me to enter in a deeper knowledge of
this distro..and to set-up my Q1 properly :-)

thanks,
Stefano.
--

Cordiali saluti,