Hi
> I dont really think this is a calibration issue, I think it is some sort of a
> driver issue or something?
> I noticed that the usbtouchscreen module is not loaded at boot, so the kernel
> must be hooking it with the hid? module?

I think if it were a driver issue then it would not be working at
all..maybe you just need to
restart hal like

# service hal restart

and maybe also restart X.

Your touchscreen should now be working. If not you need to make sure
that your custom .fdi file (sounds like you made one) is being used
For this it is good to remember that the files in /etc/hal/fdi/* will
have a higher priority than those from /usr/share/hal/fdi/ so put the
fdi file in there

Ian

--
http://ianlawrence.info