On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 09:00:07PM -0600, Ming Hua wrote:

> I hope you only mean main packages here.  For universe packages I
> completely agree with Lucas, we should submit/follow-up "new upstream
> version available" wishlist bug in Debian if we package -0ubuntuX
> versions.

After discussion with ogra on IRC, I feel I need to clarify that I am
referring to the -0ubuntuX packages that we are downstream of Debian,
i.e., the Debian maintainer does most of the packaging, and we simply
modify for Ubuntu.

In the case that Debian actually sync packages from us, or completely
new packages in Ubuntu, all these should not be necessary.  If we are
doing most of the packaging work and are actually upstream of Debian,
then IMO it's the Debian maintainer's responsibility to keep a good
communication.

Ming
2006.01.18