On 2007-07-15 17:45:37 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:20:16 +0200 Michael Bienia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >I don't know what the best solution for this but it should work for both
> >main and universe packages easily.
>
> Personally all these option seem FAR more complex than just asking the
> person that dealt with it last.

The last uploader has not to be the last merger.
Person A does a merge, person B does an upload (say for a rebuild or an
easy fix) -> MoM lists B as last upload. But asking person A about the
new merge can be more helpful than asking person B.

I've the impression that MoM works for main better than for universe.
Main has small teams caring for specific packages sets (like Gnome)
where the same team or person does the merges.
MOTU is a larger team and doesn't have this "ordering" like main.
Relying on the "Last Uploader" field on MoM doesn't work for us. We need an
other mechanism to coordinate our efforts.

An aggressive suggestion would be to drop the "Last uploader" field for
universe package from MoM if it doesn't work out for us and "lock"
merges with "In progress" bugs (or through some other means).

Michael