Am Donnerstag, den 13.09.2007, 09:38 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
>   1. move the packaging guide to a bzr branch hosted in launchpad in the
>      ubuntu-dev team.

I have mixed feelings about this. I think having it in bzr on LP would
be much better than in the ubuntu-docs SVN, as it's more inviting. I
personally feel that we should go the last mile too and move it to the
Wiki instead.

It's more complicated to write things in docbook and everybody of us
knows how to use a Wiki. We have Wiki notifications of changes we want
to stay on top on and it's just more natural to work with it.

>   2. Ask every new MOTU-applicant to contribute (at least) a small patch
>      to the text.

On that I whole-heartedly agree. It should be absolutely natural to tell
new contributors: "OK, I explained it to you, now you please add it to
MOTU/FAQ." (or some other places).

>   3. Leave the text in docbook. Generate the html, pdf, etc version of
>      it daily and publish it to some webserver. (I think this is alredy
>      done. At least chapter 1 of the packaging-guide indicates the HTML
>      and PDF were at http://help.ubuntu.com. However, I couldn't find it
>      within 2 minutes of searching. A direct link would be helpful here.)

I personally feel that the wiki is a much better place, also more
discoverable, especially given the fact that we have so many document on
it already. Stuff regarding packaging, reviewing, merging, packaging
pitfalls and so on.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel