Hi,

Am Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:38:19 +0200
schrieb Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > Daniel Holbach wrote:

> >> AFAIK Everybody can add a task to a bug. Can you elaborate or do
> >> you have a different example?
>
> I think Daniel was referring to adding bug tasks (e.g. adding a
> metacity task to a bug in gtk+). That's what I was thinking in the
> beginning too :)

Adding upstream bugs, for me, is not a task...a task is something to
work on. Adding upstream bugs is just for informational purposes.
Adding Tasks for our releases is something we work on.
This isn't possible right now for some people, but for every uploader
via ubuntu-dev.

> > Everybody can add tasks, right, but they have to be approved by
> > members in special teams (e.g. ubuntu-dev).
>
> Here I guess you mean adding tasks for Gutsy/Feisty...? If so, that's
> right, I think only ~ubuntu-dev can do so for packages in
> universe/multiverse, and ~ubuntu-core-dev for main/restricted. Those
> teams are specified in Uploaders at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

Yes. And that's a pity. LP should grant more fine granulated
permissions towards bug working, and some other things, like Scott
mentioned (PPA Permissions). Not everyone from a team should e.g. be
able to close bugs (those which are assigned to a team) or upload
packages to the PPA.
This is all just an example..and I hope we (aka the LP Devs) can
address those missing parts in the near future.

> > Giving those people (those -> contributors which are not ready for
> > ubuntu-dev status, but are able to do the right things) the rights
> > to add tasks which are then already approved, is great.
> > That's also an appreciation towards those contributors. (Only

> > Regarding Universe/Multiverse Stuff, not Main/Restricted)
> >> Let's file bugs on LP for those cases where applicable.
> >>
> > I think there are some wishlist reports already filed about a more
> > granular permission concept, if not, let's do it together and
> > formulate a clear proposal.
>
> If there's a need for this we could schedule a session for this at UDS

I think it would be a good idea to do this in an ubuntu meeting
(eventually having one LP dev at hand). I would like to see as well
universe contributors, who can tell us what they are missing from us,
which "appreciation" they want to see from Us, when they are not ready
as uploaders, but are more trained e.g. in other things.

Regards,

\sh

--
SysAdmin, OSS Developer