Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2008 13:07, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
>
>> So I think mailing lintian's output to the uploader would be a good idea.
>> And ideally that would be against source and binaries, at least for the
>> first upload... although that would place a high load on REVU's host. But
>> maybe with the new one Stefan just announced, we could change this? :)
>
> Except we don't do binary uploads in Ubuntu.  Even in Debian where they do,
> they stopped taking binary uploads on mentors because of problems with people
> trying to use broken packages.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant REVU building the packages, not users uploading
them. OTOH, we could allow (or even 'force') users to make binary uploads, run
lintian (and maybe piuparts too) on them, but don't show binaries to the public
(only to devs an to the uploader maybe).

> If people can't be bothered to click on the link on their package page in
> REVU
> to see what the lintian errors are, I doubt an email will help much.

I think an email is way more 'discoverable' than a link on the package page on
REVU. We could of course improve its place/presentation, but I think a mail will
always be more prominent.

Cheers,
Emilio