On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 03:55:30PM +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 02:08:13AM -0400, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> >>         * Any MOTU can request the resignation of someone on
> >> - -sru/-release, which can be brought up on the list and discussed. If
> >> the issues can't be resolved, the MC will have to resolve it
> >
> > Regarding this, what would be a sane reason to do this, despite
> > personal and social problems?
> > I think we never had the case, that if someone has no time anymore, that
> > he/she was glueing his/her bum on the chair for those teams?
> > So, IMHO the only reason which can force such a thing is a personal
> > quarrel or a social problem between the requesting motu and the motu in
> > question?
>
>     We've never historically had the issue.  One other thing that
> might cause such a thing is if someone silently goes on extended
> vacation (yes, CoC is supposed to protect against this), and someone
> thinks they ought be removed to make it more obvious there is indeed
> an open slot on the team.  Another possibility is if some member of
> the team appeared not to be exercising the wisdom expected from their
> position (lots of new upstreams approved that broke stuff, poorly
> watched updates that caused lots of user complaint, etc.), in which
> case I think public discussion is a good thing, and would expect most
> cases to result in the withdrawl of the call for resignation (although
> I'd hope that the selection process was strong enough that such a
> person was never appointed to the team).

So it's only used for technical reasons (member MIA, not enough
technical background for the job).
Can we add a note to such a point, because it can be really
mis-understood.

>     That said, I don't think this will see much use: generally we can
> resolve most of our disputes more gracefully.  On the other hand, if
> we can't, I'd rather have a mechanism for removal in policy than have
> to debate what the removal policy would be in the event that there was
> strong sentiment that someone should be removed.

/me too...but we should make sure, that this removal policy only deals
with techincal matters.

Regards,
\sh
--
Stephan '\sh' Hermann           | OSS Developer & Systemadministrator
JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://www.sourcecode.de/