2009/8/24 Michael Bienia <ge...@ubuntu.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I hope you are the right person for this as your name appears in the
> changelog for the adobe-flashplugin package.
>
> The adobe-flashplugin package that can be downloaded directly from
> www.adobe.com lists the Ubuntu MOTU mailing list as Maintainer which is
> clearly wrong and also causes confusion[0]:
> ,----
> | Package: adobe-flashplugin
> | Version: 10.0.32.18-1
> | Architecture: i386
> | Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com>
> `----
> Would it be possible to get MOTU removed from the Maintainer field for
> this package?
>
> The adobe-flashplugin available from the partner archive doesn't have
> this problem, only the one from www.adobe.com.
>
> Perhaps it would be even better to point to the partner archive instead
> of offering a deb download at www.adobe.com. That way users will get
> updated packages once they are available in the partner archive.
>
> Regards,
> Michael
>
> 0: see the thread starting at
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2009-August/006084.html

Totally agree. Even better I do kind of like google-chrome way about
this. Their package is a little pest but it probably is the right
solution for "partner" packages.

It adds a repo to /etc/apt/sources.d/
It adds a key to apt-key
It runs a cron job to recheck and re-enable the repo

to continue undestrupted upgrades.

Can Canonical do this for the Partner repository? Per package or per
partner? This would make sense from user experience and a fix a way to
provide updates for packages downloaded from the $partner_website.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич