On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Thomas Mashos <tho...@mashos.com> wrote:

> Per my previous email, I've added this for discussion (it was sent to
> me in a private email).
>
> "I noticed after migrating to 0.25 (I tend to keep my MythTV setups
> stable for long periods) from 0.24 that the Mythbuntu theme was
> hardwired to interpret RIGHT as Menu and LEFT as escape, à la the way
> all themes behaved pre-0.22.
>
> Given that the great RIGHT/MENU controversy of 2009 is long past
> us--with only one MENU button now needed and horizontal themes
> common--I'd prefer to revert the theme to the 0.22-0.24 behavior of
> having LEFT and RIGHT wrap and relying on the existing MENU and
> ESCAPE bindings. Was there a reason for the change? Do you feel
> strongly about it on eway or another?"
>
> Being relatively new to MythTV (started in December of 2010) I am not
familiar with the great 2009 controversy, nor do I understand what the post
is talking about regarding the change.  Unless the change
was implemented in the most recent update that Thomas committed to the
theme, mine is still working the same as it always has, with the right
arrow perorming a select of the item highlighted (for example in the Watch
Recordings screen it moves from the selected category into the episodes
list to the right).  I like the way that works now, and would be opposed to
changing that, but I am not sure if that is relevant to the posters
question.

Can someone please clarify?

Jeremy