From: "[C]hicken [G] od" <iamthechicken...@gmail.com>
<ubuntu-ph@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 6, 2010 5:50:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu ditches X for Wayland..

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Allan E. Registos <
allan.regis...@smpc.steniel.com.ph > wrote:

Mark Shuttleworth:

" Timeframes are difficult. I’m sure we could deliver *something* in six
months, but I think a year is more realistic for the first images that will be
widely useful in our community."
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/551

Unless someone in the community will provide for us a mock-up or something, we
will wait for four years from now to fully experience the wayland based
desktop.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had real face time with Wayland.
Just when I was starting to get comfortable with X and Gnome....*sigh*

--
[C] hicken [G] od
-=>Hi Tek, Lo Life<=-