Hi Selene, thanks for your through reports.

A few comments below:

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:29 AM, Selene Scriven
<selene.scri...@canonical.com> wrote:
>   - "Departments" is an awkward way to say "Categories" in the
>     app scope.

Perhaps this is a case of British vs. American usage? I've seen
"Department" in every design, and even reading the dictionary
definition of "department" it still makes sense to this non-native: "a
section of a retail store selling a particular class or kind of goods,
ie, the sportswear department."
Anyway, I'm bringing up this issue to the designers.

>   - The user still can't tap to view full app preview images in
>     the Click store.

I know this is the expected behavior if you are used to other
application stores, but this feature is not planned for RTM.

>   - Swiping sideways after hitting 'install' on an app cancels
>     the install, but it should keep going.

This sounds like bug #1234965; the installation actually is not
cancelled, but the progress is no longer shown.
It's on top of our list of bugs for the click-scope after we complete
features for beta.

cheers,
--
alecu