> On 21 Mar 2016, at 17:24 , Gareth France <gareth.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> It is well established that Ubuntu is not yet ready for prime time on phones.
> My handset has not lived up to the bar you set since they day I got it yet I
> wouldn't trade it for the world. Issues are being resolved every month and in
> my opinion the fact a smaller company like Canonical has achieved what the
> likes of Google and Apple have is a major achievement. The team working on
> this is tiny by comparison and you wouldn't expect them to be able to
> complete this journey in anything near the time the big boys can.

I don’t dispute that Canonical has achieved a lot, and has done it with very
few people and in record time. But that doesn’t change the fact that, had I
paid money for this phone, after the experience I just had, I would have
returned it to the store the same day, demanding a refund.

To the customer, it doesn’t matter how hard people are working, or how many
people Canonical employs for this. To the customer, only one thing matters:
whether the thing works adequately or not.

What I just experienced is a long way from “working adequately”.

Michi.