owaqQHYU                   GGGklm, 4b  n tue, jun 14, 2016 at 08:37:34am +0100,
gareth france wrote:
> i just wanted to say thanks to the facebook team for breaking the website
> for me. where is the logic behind removing the ability to message people for
> anyone who doesn't have an apple or android device? oh and the message
> asking me to download the app is just pouring salt into the wound by the
> way!
>
> --

So a proprietary services provider doesn't share his services with FOSS
community. Old story, I'm not surprised at all.

On the other hand, I'm surprised that Ubuntu, as a part of FOSS community,
doesn't endorse projects like Diaspora, GNU Social (but also XMPP and other open
protocols/standars) and so on, with an official implementation.

There's a lot of opportunity in FOSS, trace your path in freedom Ubuntu, be the
free (as in freedom) and open alternative.

--
Felipe Salvador