Le mardi 18 mai 2010 à 21:42 +0200, Radko Bankras a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am just another guy playing around with Ubuntu ... and it is great!
>
> I expect my new laptop (Dell Latitude E6410) to arrive in one or two
> weeks. After the unwrapping ceremony, I will format the drive and
> install the AMD64 variant of Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 LTS. My plan is to
> report my findings to the Laptop Testing Project and will take the
> challenge to get every single inch of the laptop working in Ubuntu.

I'm happy to hear you love Ubuntu as much as I do :)

Just so you know, you may run into issues with the Intel chipset[1], or
with the Nvidia chipset[2], which essentially cause the screen to remain
blank. There are workarounds in both bugs, but it's always better to be
aware that it might not work quite as well as you'd expect sooner rather
than later.

That doesn't mean however that we wouldn't appreciate testing. I'd be
very interested to know about your experiences with it. You just might
want to try with a live CD first.

Kind regards,

--
Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu...@ubuntu.com>