Thank you.  I've added "search bugzilla before posting" to my SOP

Joe

On 03/11/2011 08:22 AM, Mads ¤ wrote:

    The install iso boots but never makes it past the first screen
    "Preparing to Install Ubuntu", attached is the VM log, if anyone
    can see
    what I'm missing I'd appreciate it.

Your problem is real and there is a reported bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/723990

    Booting from a USB stick on a real machine (Phenom II x6) was worse.
    Problem mounting Sr0 after I tried to install.

    CD worked a bit better, it at least gave me an error message:
    "ubi-partman failed with exit code 141.  Further information may be
    found in /var/log/syslog.  Do you want to try running this step again
    before continuing..." I could try it with the live CD on this
    system.  I
    may

This one to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/730209