Hi Aaron,

On 05/12/11 19:59, Aaron wrote:
> I'd be interested in starting on ISO Testing and task 1.  I think it
> would give me some good initial exposure to the overall
> picture--installed applications, some testing priority and making some
> ISO smoke test--test cases.  If that sounds okay?

thanks, that is excellent!

> Is there a notification for when packages with changes are submitted to
> the code base? Or some other process for knowing what packages have been
> added and changed? Has there been any initial discussions on testing
> priority?  I'm sure I can come up with an initial list and we can start
> from there if not.

The place where I would start is the manifest (imagename.manifest file)
for the images, that tells you what is in the CD:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

This will tell you the list of packages in a particular image and then,
you need to come up with some test cases for the important bits of the
image. This is meant to be smoke testing, so only positive test cases
are recommended, with some default options, if we can run them from
command like they are easily automatable.

> I'd be interested in having a clear picture of what has changed between
> builds/releases and help determine what should be included in the smoke
> testing, etc.

This we'll have to figure out and discuss, the main users of the daily
images are:
- Developers: they need to work on the latest software to be able to
compile, so basic dev tools need to be fully functional
- Testers/QA: people that need to perform further testing on the images.
So they need the basics working, editing of files, file system, basic
admin tools, etc.

> Getting a list of the packages isn't hard so I was thinking about how to
> determine testing priority and making the test cases, etc.

We have to come up with the criteria.

> Unless someone is already on it or if you'd like me to look at something
> else instead...

It's all yours, if someone else wants to help, they can coordinate with
you on it :)

Let's try to get the criteria/priorities right and then maybe more
people can help when we are clear on what needs testing.

> Thanks!

*Thank you!*

Please, start a new thread when you have something to
share/questions/anything for review and we can all collaborate/give you
feedback there.

Gema