On 08/01/2012 03:45 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
I've created a video to accompany the iso testing walkthrough. I'd love
some feedback on both the walk-through and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDAsZjvmSA
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Walkthrough

Are they helpful? I know the video could be better (next time,
promise!), but are the concepts communicated easier? I'm especially
looking to hear from new folks who may never have iso tested. I want to
make sure you have all the tools and information needed to jump in and
get involved. As always, happy testing everyone,

Nicholas

Two things: A: thanks for pointing out TestDrive. Last time I tried it it only worked with KVM and was full of problems. Looks like it works with VirtualBox now, which is my preferred virtualization platform for desktop systems. YAY! I'll have to give TestDrive a shot again :)

More importantly, as Fabio says, speak more slowly. I do voiceovers from time to time, and one thing I find that helps is to work on enunciation drills before I start recording a voiceover. Slow down a bit, and remember to enunciate more clearly. I am a native speaker (but have hearing damage) and I had trouble understanding some words here and there.

Another suggestion, you may want to break that down into separate videos, and if you're going to host them on YouTube or something, put them in a playlist. Most people dont have attention spans to watch a nearly 30 minute YouTube video.

Also, the content may be more useful to more people broken down if they can easily access the parts they really need... for example, some may not care about the test part, but be interested in getting/using TestDrive.

Others may not care about TestDrive, but may want a walkthough of doing actual ISO testing.

Anyway, it's a good video, what did you use for the desktop capture?

Cheers,

Jeff

--
Jeff Lane - Hardware Certification Engineer and Test Tools Developer
Ubuntu Ham: W4KDH