On 08/02/2012 05:56 PM, Jeff Lane wrote:
On 08/01/2012 03:45 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
I've created a video to accompany the iso testing walkthrough. I'd love
some feedback on both the walk-through and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noDAsZjvmSA
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Walkthrough

Are they helpful? I know the video could be better (next time,
promise!), but are the concepts communicated easier? I'm especially
looking to hear from new folks who may never have iso tested. I want to
make sure you have all the tools and information needed to jump in and
get involved. As always, happy testing everyone,

Nicholas

Two things: A: thanks for pointing out TestDrive. Last time I tried it it only worked with KVM and was full of problems. Looks like it works with VirtualBox now, which is my preferred virtualization platform for desktop systems. YAY! I'll have to give TestDrive a shot again :)

More importantly, as Fabio says, speak more slowly. I do voiceovers from time to time, and one thing I find that helps is to work on enunciation drills before I start recording a voiceover. Slow down a bit, and remember to enunciate more clearly. I am a native speaker (but have hearing damage) and I had trouble understanding some words here and there.

Another suggestion, you may want to break that down into separate videos, and if you're going to host them on YouTube or something, put them in a playlist. Most people dont have attention spans to watch a nearly 30 minute YouTube video.

Also, the content may be more useful to more people broken down if they can easily access the parts they really need... for example, some may not care about the test part, but be interested in getting/using TestDrive.

Others may not care about TestDrive, but may want a walkthough of doing actual ISO testing.

Anyway, it's a good video, what did you use for the desktop capture?

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback! With your suggestions in mind, I'll do a second video demonstrating merely how to use the qatracker. This should come in at 5 mins or less -- should be a watchable amount of time. We can then add more videos that cover additional topics and keep them smaller. I'll also speak more slowly, and in general, the lag issues should be fixed.

Also, to those who mentioned improvements to the walkthroughs (text versions), I have updated those as well. Iterate, iterate! Remember next week we'll be doing iso testing again. Our goal is to get make sure all the mandatory testcases pass on the ubuntu isos. We have a whole week and an excellent group of people to do it. Consider running through a testcase next week on a iso. Hopefully you have all the information needed now to succeed. If not, let me know :-) We'll get you squared away.\

Ohh, for software I was using ubuntu quantal, kazam for recording, and flowblade for editing. I really recommend flowblade, I enjoyed using it very much! BTW, kazam recorded in 1440p just fine, but the pc I was using couldn't handle it and the VM I think. That caused all the A/V lag I think :-)

Nicholas