On 20/08/12 23:46, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:

For those of you braving ARM installations, I tried an sd-based installation this week and updated the instructions on the wiki page. Elfy, Carla, et la, I can confirm your findings of this bug(s):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1036742
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1036988
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/base-installer/+bug/313452

and the workaround. It's documented for now on the page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/QA/Pandaboard

Thanks!
Nicholas

Got today's .img

Tried following the wiki to the letter.

I am almost positive I am doing something wrong here :)

I do *sudo umount /dev/sdd

*I do *sudo dd bs=4M if=quantal-desktop-armhf+omap4.img of=/dev/sdd ; sudo sync

*It looks like it's doing something - terminal tells me it's done something.

If I try to just boot the image on the card without worrying about installing it - left hand board led lights up only.

File manager tells me there is exactly nothing on the card.

Gparted tells me that there now no partitions on the card.

Now - what I am not sure of is whether I have other bugs on this 12.10 system I run causing all this lol