Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your email :)

First thing first, you need to understand the difference between
"upgrading" and "installing" new version. A simple google search will
reveal lots of links which everyone actually need to have a look at. At
least, to have some basic understanding :)

I can discuss some major differences here:
1- Upgrading is usually longer (takes longer time) than installing.
2- If you don't have /home partition, you will lose your settings, etc
(someone please correct me if I'm mistaken).
3- If you have limited internet usage per month, upgrading is not a good
idea.
4- There is no such a direct way to upgrade from 12.04 for example to 13.04

By the way, 13.04 is not yet final, it is still under development.

If you would like to have a look and play with 13.04, you can download and
install it on a different partition, or virtual machine or on an USB Drive.

Thank you!

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Thomas Corwin <dog1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to upgrade to 13.04 via the terminal.
> If there is, how can I do it?
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas Corwin
> --