Welcome Monika! I'll just echo what the others have said about starting off by getting a development install of ubuntu going. Once you are setup, have a look at this page to see what all you can do to help:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Roles/Tester

After you've spent some time learning to be a tester you can explore some of the other roles and activities, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Roles/. Don't be afraid to try new things and ask questions! It's the best way to learn. Thanks for helping make ubuntu better!

Nicholas