Thomas Ward:
Thanks for quoting an email sent directly to you, intentionally not
CC'd to the list, onto the list publicly.  I sent it to you directly
intentionally.  Glad you took my direct-to-you email and made it
public, thanks for that.

(You've lost points with me.)

This has been for mistake; as I normally rewrite the recipient to include the name of the list, not the email address only as it is filled by default.

It was late at night when I finished writing the message and I assumed we were handling this conversation publicly as usual, so I didn't even read what was written in the recipient field before substituting it.

And those points don't exist.