Hi All,

On 23 October 2014 19:54, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 October 2014 10:15, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> P.S. I have a few ideas up my sleeve to try and install this lubuntu
>> image. Will take some time so will try it out tonight.
>>
> Tonight, during the install, when the message "Undefined video mode number
> : 314. Press ENTER to see video modes available" appeared I pressed ENTER
> and chose video mode 0. Booting this system still results in a white screen
> with a black squiggle on it.

Tried installing the final lubuntu alternate i386 14.10 image. No luck.
Still has the "Undefined video mode number". Still presents a black on
white login screen with a little squiggle on it (possibly a flashing
cursor). Have asked for feedback on the accu-general mailing list in case
someone else has overcome this problem.

The test system is a Dell Optiplex GX50, 1.3GHz Celeron, 512MB RAM, 20GB
hard disc, CD-ROM drive, floppy disk drive.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page - http://contactmorpeth.wikispaces.com/SoftwareToolkit