Den 2015-09-17 kl. 17:24, skrev Marc Deslauriers:
> On 2015-09-17 11:13 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
>> Marc Deslauriers:
>>> Care to elaborate what the many bugs are?
>>
>> They are these:
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator>
>>
>> And nearly all of them break the basic functionality of the disk creator.
>>

> Most of those bugs are are either for ancient releases of Ubuntu that are no
> longer supported, can't be reproduced, affect specific hardware, or are
> wishlist
> items. I'd say the list is in great need to some triage and cleaning.
>
> Most packages in Ubuntu have a pretty similar long list of bugs, that doesn't
> mean they are badly broken or need to be replaced. :)
>
> Do you have specific bugs that you can reliably reproduce?
>
> Marc.

Hi Alberto,

I did not know about it, but you just showed me a bug report about the
'Erase disk' problem.

Make Startup Disk fails to wipe disk, Bug #1485417 (and there are more
similar bug reports in the long list).

Hi Marc,

I have been helping people at the Ubuntu Forums for some years now, and
I have seen so many problems related to the SDC. If you know exactly
what it can do, and you keep doing that, it works, but beginners and
average users don't know and have big problems. We have to recommend
other tools instead. It is really an awkward situation, when Ubuntu's
own tool does not work for beginners and average users.

I don't think all these bug reports are written for fun. I think the
vast majority of them are written by people who are concerned and want
to help by reporting bugs about real problems. And several of them are new.

A big problem with the SDC is that new and severe bugs appear with new
versions of Ubuntu. I think that the method used and maybe also the
programming language and programming style makes it too sensitive. The
SDC has needed several major bugfixes and I'm afraid it will continue to
need major bugfixes with new versions. It has been too buggy for general
use after 10.10, according to the Ubuntu member 'ventrical' (at the
Ubuntu Forums).

Best regards
Nio