Chris, that's correct. You should have 0.84, which is the new version. Are you running an up to date Wily?

Checkout https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/ubuntu-font-family-sources

Nicholas

On 01/05/2016 05:23 PM, chris hermansen wrote:
Nicholas,

What I see when I execute this:

pango-view --font="Ubuntu 48" --markup --text='<span fallback="false"> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.</span>'

is (all on one line):

 1. 0.830 in very small text
 2. something that looks like 88 on a 7-segment display
 3. a space
 4. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

So just to be super-clear, I don't see a ".84" in that string. I also don't see it in the text of this e-mail; what I see looks a single glyph whose strokes make 0.830 in very small letters.

I had an inspiration and checked with my font view application. It tells me my Ubuntu font is:

Name: Ubuntu

Style: Regular

Type: TrueType font

Version: 0.83

Copyright: Copyright 2011 Canonical Ltd. Licensed under the Ubuntu Font License 1.0

Does this mean I don't have the new version?