This is well worth bringing up again, at least if we care about milestones.
It's clear that Ubuntu does not. In fact, some of the Release Team would
argue that we would be better off doing a wider scope of testing daily and
I don't disagree. Canonical will not be holding our hands on this one. We
need to organize together, which we're not doing too well.

In fact, because of this, we all most didn't have an Alpha 2 release. No
one had really said anything about Alpha 2 until we (Lubuntu) started
asking in #ubuntu-release rather late in the day. We didn't know if anyone
else wanted to release because no one had sent out an email ahead of time.
The Release Team was kind enough to go through with providing images for
what we presumed to be the right flavors (Lubuntu, MATE, Kylin— which
happened to be the actual flavors intending to release, thankfully), but we
cannot expect this from now on.

The flavor needs must, as a community, organize themselves ahead of the day
images are due to be made available (typically the Tuesday before release
on Thursday) and make it clear to the Release Team what the plans are to
be. If not, we're just not going to have milestones. Maybe that's not a bad
thing. I, for one, would be willing to experiment without them, but I'm not
sure everyone agrees.

That being said, let's talk! I'd like to suggest we get together in
#ubuntu-meeting tomorrow Friday 28 July 2016 at 1700 UTC. Feel free to
suggest other days or times, but we need to figure this out before 23
August (Beta 1) and what better time than now? Regardless of whether or not
you care about milestones, I think it would be great to have as many
opinions as possible, so please come.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:23 AM, flocculant <floccul...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> Hey all,    `
>
> just wondering if the QA leads can grab a bit of time to just get together
> somehow, put across what we hope to get done this cycle, maybe help each
> other out, give each other ideas ...
>
> free flowing type of thing ...
>
> We all have to deal with similar issues - all cycle.
>
> We all have to work with the Canonical people - and it would be a lot
> worse if they weren't all awesome ;)
>
> There's a whole lot we have to do - together surely it's got to be just a
> little bit easier.
>
> We do however need to deal with who amongst us will deal with the
> milestones, up to now it has been people from Lubuntu, Mate and Xubuntu
> (Jonathan joined in when he was with Kubuntu)
>
> time for other teams to join in - even if timezones make it hard ...
>
> --

@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
Ubuntu Oregon LoCo Team Leader
Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-Organizer