On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:34 AM bernard <bernard.san...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I've been using Ubuntu for years, and it's an OS
> i like very much.
>
> I'm not attempting to report a bug about ubuntu-bug but a bug with
> ubuntu-bug. What i can't do without a core dump or crash report ...
>
> You'll find attached a 'script' file that show how Ubuntu behave in a
> particular situation and that, by comparison, do not react as the other
> OSes i'm actually working on.
>
> Feel free to transmit this or not to your team.
>
> Any further questions welcome.

Hi Bernard,

First of all, you *can* use ubuntu-bug without a crash report. As
Brian pointed out, you can use:

   ubuntu-bug <package>

where <package> is the package you want to report on. In this case, I
am *guessing*
you want to complain about 'ls's behaviour, so you would run:

ubuntu-bug coreutils

Since 'ls' is part of the coreutils package.

Now, for the script file you attached: you have, under ~/Downloads, a
series of soft links
to directories under /data. This can be seen here:

bernard@linbox:~/Downloads$ ls -l

Also, your CWD is ~/Downloads.

total 875452
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        26 déc.   2 00:53  00-ANIMATION
-> /data/LIBRARY/09-ANIMATION
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        22 déc.   1 23:32  01-BOOKS ->
/data/LIBRARY/01-BOOKS
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        19 déc.   2 00:50  02-BD ->
/data/LIBRARY/08-BD
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        23 déc.   2 00:23  03-MUSIC ->
/data/LIBRARY/03-MUSIC/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        23 déc.   1 23:51  04-FILMS ->
/data/LIBRARY/04-FILMS/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        23 déc.   2 02:38  05-UNREAD ->
/data/LIBRARY/10-UNREAD
lrwxrwxrwx  1 bernard bernard        21 déc.   2 02:37  06-ISO ->
/data/LIBRARY/06-ISO/

We know they are soft links because of the first character in the
permissions field: 'l'. You
now 'cd 06-ISO'. Since '06-ISO' is a soft link, your CWD is now moved
to the *actual* directory
pointed to by the soft link: /data/LIBRARY/06-ISO.

And, from now on, any directory command will be based on the CWD,
which is /data/LIBRARY/06-ISO, *not*
~/Downloads/06-ISO.

So, if this is what you were trying to report, it is working as expected.

Cheers,

--
..hggdh..