On 4 March 2013 10:23, Iain Lane <la...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> We have raring's FF on Thursday 6th (this Thursday). However, it seems
> likely per ubuntu-devel discussions that the release will not happen as
> planned. Formally, the proposal is going to be taken to the tech board
> for approval after UDS discussions to flesh out some details. This makes
> it unlikely that we'll know what the final word is before Thursday.
>
> So technically the release schedule will still be as it is, but it would
> probably not be the best use of the release team's time to be managing a
> freeze that is probabaly going to be scrapped within a couple of weeks.

On the other hand, I believe we need a major feature freeze point so
that testers, translators, documenters, and the like have time to do
their thing before things are pushed to the masses. I guess it depends
on whether we use a true rolling style or a monthly style what that
feature freeze would look like.

Thanks,
Jeremy