I guess this it the most appropriate place to discuss it.

A few days ago, a few of us on #ubuntu-server briefly talked about
changing #ubuntu-server to an actual support channel. I can think of a
number of reasons:

1) People come there anyway to ask support questions. (Principle of
least surprise)

2) The alternative (on IRC) for people seeking support is #ubuntu and
although I'm not a regular on #ubuntu, I'm quite sure there would be
some benifit in having a dedicated support channel for server related
stuff.

3) There's not a lot of development discussion going on anyway. Any such
discussion could easily be moved to #ubuntu-devel, or in case the volume
increases, an #ubuntu-server-devel channel could be created.

What do you think? If we agree on changing it, it would just mean
chaning the /topic,  announcing it here and perhaps on some sort of
announce list.

--
| Soren Hansen    | Linux2Go                  | http://Linux2Go.dk/ |
| Seniorkonsulent | Lindholmsvej 42, 2. TH    | +45 46 90 26 42     |