Hi,

I'm sorry but for me, some distributions don't force you to create
another user then root. And for a server it's really critical to have
only root as user and to do simple task with your root account. You can
set your root password after each installation easily .

After installation:
- Login with your user.
- sudo su (enter the password)
- passwd

Like this you have first your root password and if needed from time to
time  you can use it.

---
Regards,