On Wednesday 24 October 2007 16:52, Gary Wilson wrote:
> I'd add that the originator of the message was very obviously
> inexperienced (as could be seen from the original message) and should
> have been responded to respectively. They needed help.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

If they have a Canonical support contract, then I guess Canonical employees
may have to stand for that kind of behavior, but not here.

I think the OP got a considerably kinder reception than their message to the
list deserved.  None of us here are obligated to provide free tech support to
anyone.

If I'd been list admin I'd have unsubscribed them with a personal note
requesting they not return until they could use a civil tongue.  That might
have had a shot a teaching the lesson that most needed teaching.

Scott K